Books Download Flight of the Intruder (Jake Grafton #1) Free

Details Books Toward Flight of the Intruder (Jake Grafton #1)

Original Title: Flight Of The Intruder
Edition Language: English
Series: Jake Grafton #1, Jake Grafton & Tommy Carmellini Universe #1
Books Download Flight of the Intruder (Jake Grafton #1) Free
Flight of the Intruder (Jake Grafton #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 121 pages
Rating: 4.07 | 26672 Users | 178 Reviews

Present Appertaining To Books Flight of the Intruder (Jake Grafton #1)

Title:Flight of the Intruder (Jake Grafton #1)
Author:Stephen Coonts
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 121 pages
Published:2015 (first published September 1986)
Categories:Fiction. Thriller. War. Military Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction

Narration Concering Books Flight of the Intruder (Jake Grafton #1)

Also Available in an Audio Edition from Audible via Amazon


In Flight of the Intruder Jake Grafton is an A-6 Intruder pilot during the Vietnam War who flies his bomber on sorties past enemy flak and SAM missiles, and then must maneuver his plane, often at night, onto the relatively small deck of an aircraft carrier. Former Navy flyer Stephen Coonts gives an excellent sense of the complexities of modern air raids and how nerve-wracking it is, even for the best airmen, to technically solve sudden problems over and over, knowing that even a twist of fate like a peasant wildly firing a rifle from a field could wipe out the crew. Grafton alternates between remorse over the fate of his unseen Vietnamese victims on the ground and a gung-ho "let's win this war" sentiment that lashes at both policymakers who select less-than-important targets for the dangerous missions and advocates for peace back in the States.

Rating Appertaining To Books Flight of the Intruder (Jake Grafton #1)
Ratings: 4.07 From 26672 Users | 178 Reviews

Judgment Appertaining To Books Flight of the Intruder (Jake Grafton #1)
I'm not sure I "3 star" liked it but I can't justify a "2 star" rating. The book is well written and the characters are developed very well. In fact, I admit I was so invested in Jake and Tiger that when the story abruptly ended I was left wanting. Fortunately, I had a anniversary edition that included a short postscript that gave us a small glimpse of the fate of all of our heroes.Ok, so [Stephen Coonts] admits in his forward that he began writing to simply tell the story of his experiences as

Easily one of my favorite novels. I'm a naval aviation fan boy as it is, but this book was written by a man that actually lived what he wrote about, (much like Ian Flemming), and it shows. The material is so well sourced and written that it's easy to follow, and the explanations for the technical aspects of the aircraft, carrier life, and tactics are easy for anyone to follow. As a pilot, I enjoyed being able to recognize a lot of the technical aspects as well, but that was really just for me.

Well I've been missing aviation lately so I picked this up, strangely, I've never actually read a Stephen Coonts book before and I'm not too sure why. Our proganonist, Jake "Cool Hand" Grafton is an A-6 Intruder pilot during the Vietnam war. Admittedly, I've never been a big fan of the Intruder, but this novel gave me a new appreciation for them. Anyway, We start off with Grafton losing his BN (Bombardier/Navigator) to a lucky bullet fired by the NVA on the ground. Of course this is a pretty

This was interesting to me because it was written by and based on the combat experiences of the author who did exactly what my father did in Vietnam. He was even in the same squadron and might have flown some of the exact same planes as my dad. Unfortunately, I can't get my dad to read it or see the movie, due to his as yet unresolved personal issues with his experience. As a result of his beliefs, he quit after flying nine combat missions. What is so personally interesting to me is that the

Somehow I expected more.I liked the main character enough I want continue the series but struggled very much with the language (very technical and I suspect some of the used expressions were incorrect or used in very rare contexts) especially since I'm not native English speaker.I wish there was a glossary for people without (military) aviation background to help with the many abbreviations (most at least once explained - not always explicit - but still confusing if you're not used to them) and

Loved this book. Read it when it came out. I put it on the same level as Hunt for Red October. Great book.d.

The second novel ever published by Naval Institute Press-- Hunt for Red October was the first.It was an instant success bringing readers inside the cockpit. From the opening scene where the mantra of "big sky, little bullet" goes tragically wrong through the climactic scene its a fast paced, realistic story of the military by someone who knew first hand.Stephen Coonts was another author nice enough to give me a blurb for my first novel, many years ago. I've always appreciated it.

Post a Comment

0 Comments