Books Download The Road to Mecca Free Online

Be Specific About Regarding Books The Road to Mecca

Title:The Road to Mecca
Author:Muhammad Asad
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 375 pages
Published:January 1st 2000 by Fons Vitae (first published 1954)
Categories:Religion. Islam. Nonfiction. Biography. History
Books Download The Road to Mecca  Free Online
The Road to Mecca Paperback | Pages: 375 pages
Rating: 4.45 | 4190 Users | 545 Reviews

Narration Toward Books The Road to Mecca

There are enough reviews by other people, which does the justice to the book. Yet I just want to add that Leopold Weis/Muhammad Asad's life is the testimony to one thing: Can a modern/secular mind find it way into Islam and appreciate its truth? And if so how is this possible? As I was born in and raised into a Muslim society, I took it for granted that Islam was the true calling of God. Yet after I have started studyin social sciences and Western society, the question above has become increasingly pressing for me. Because the answer to this question would help me decide whether Islam was really universal in its essence or I was living a truth-regime. Esed's experience is the perfect testimony of the modern reason finding its way into Islam and at the same time reconstructing the message and significance of Islam for the modern Muslim. It helps us understand the relevance of Quranic message for Modernity. Finally I'd like to say that vividness of the experiences in the book occasionally made me cry; something I experience so rarely. Towards the end, the cry "Lebbeyk!" was echoing in my own heart.

List Books Concering The Road to Mecca

Original Title: The Road to Mecca
ISBN: 1887752374 (ISBN13: 9781887752374)
Edition Language: English URL http://muhammad-asad.com/Road-to-Mecca.pdf


Rating Regarding Books The Road to Mecca
Ratings: 4.45 From 4190 Users | 545 Reviews

Assess Regarding Books The Road to Mecca
And some books left you speechless with deep thoughts in your mind. For a really long time you actually flow with words. You stay disconnected from worldly glitters but feel connected with peace and wisdom!I now feel different about many things as my lenses are more bright to enjoy gratitude.If you really want to learn and appreciate the importance of a firm faith, peace and light, then do read this book once."Labbaik Allah humma labbaik" لَبَّيْكَ اللَّهُمَّ لَبَّيْكَ is the desirable

I was supposed to read this book five years ago...in an Islamic Religious Thought and Practice class. For whatever reason, I couldn't get into it--at all--which is crazy considering I couldn't put it down this time around.This book is brilliant because you can read it on so many levels- first, as a man's personal journey into faith (which includes some pretty harsh critiques of the system in which he was raised). Second, as a detailed history of a very critical period of recent Muslim history.

After reading the reviews on this book I expected to be blown away. To cry. To feel so many emotions. Admittedly at first I was a little disappointed. As much as the beginning seemed like a good read it wasn't blowing me away in the slightest. I really didn't see where this reviewers were coming from. However, I read on and am I glad that I did! It felt like as a child you had a favourite Uncle who is away travelling for long periods of time. Then when he returns he gathers you around him to

Pure brilliance!! Asad criticizes Western people's belief system especially the way they see science (religion of material progress) and how they gradually replaced it with actual religion. It was great to know the questions on his mind about Islam, the answers he provided seemed clear most of the time. I learned quite a big deal about Arab people's culture, especially Bedouins. He narrates their life style and behaviors so vividly, I almost felt like I've met a Bedouin before. It's also good to

There are enough reviews by other people, which does the justice to the book. Yet I just want to add that Leopold Weis/Muhammad Asad's life is the testimony to one thing:Can a modern/secular mind find it way into Islam and appreciate its truth? And if so how is this possible?As I was born in and raised into a Muslim society, I took it for granted that Islam was the true calling of God. Yet after I have started studyin social sciences and Western society, the question above has become

This book reads like a Hollywood script ! I'm really surprised there hasn't been a movie based on this yet, his storytelling is captivating and deeply reflective, highly recommend!

This is a fascinating bookhalf travelogue and half conversion memoir. Muhammad Asad was born a Jew, Leopold Weiss, in the Austro-Hungarian empire (in what is now Ukraine, the city of Lvov). He was prominent both in interactions with the West in the 20th Century, for example as Pakistani ambassador to the UN, and in theological work, including translation and exegesis of the Quran. Asad is regarded, and should be even more regarded in these days of Al Qaeda and ISIS, as a voice for a

Post a Comment

0 Comments