Books Free The Scriptlings Download Online

Books Free The Scriptlings  Download Online
The Scriptlings Paperback | Pages: 372 pages
Rating: 3.99 | 107 Users | 40 Reviews

Present Books Concering The Scriptlings

ISBN: 0989312860 (ISBN13: 9780989312868)
Edition Language: English

Ilustration Conducive To Books The Scriptlings

"Master Dung's study was silent. So silent, in fact, that one might have been able to hear a gnat passing air, if only an obligingly flatulent gnat had happened nearby."

The Scriptlings is the unlikely, yet strangely charismatic lovechild you would expect if Magic and Science were to have one too many drinks during a stand-up comedy show in Vegas.

In short, it follows the story of Merkin and Buggeroff, two magician apprentices in a world where magicians are capitalists, computers are quasi-magical, and goats are sometimes invisible - all under the watchful eye of a wandering tribe of monosyllabic demigods.

Details Appertaining To Books The Scriptlings

Title:The Scriptlings
Author:Sorin Suciu
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 372 pages
Published:September 22nd 2013 by AEC Stellar Publishing, Inc. (first published September 2nd 2013)
Categories:Fiction. Humor. Science Fiction. Fantasy. Urban Fantasy

Rating Appertaining To Books The Scriptlings
Ratings: 3.99 From 107 Users | 40 Reviews

Evaluation Appertaining To Books The Scriptlings
Sorin has created a wonderful universe with The Scriptlings! Following the different characters around in this comical and unique world is pure entertainment. The only troubling thing about this book is trying to determine who your favorite character is! Enjoy this book, it's impossible not to.

Sorin Suciu has done something that I thought damn near impossible. He has taken a very Pratchett like sense of humor and pacing and placed it quite well in a modern setting. "The Scriptlings" centers on two protagonist, each "Scriptlings" or students of magic. Merkin is a natural, born to magic the same way a tigress is born to the hunt. She is the Scriptling of Master Dung, a paranoid, plagiarizing magician who steals his scriptlings work and calls it his own, has a fould temper and is all

What a unique, quirky and interesting book! Knowing the ins and outs of programming and the development of operating systems is almost a requirement to get the most out of this book. My Sumerian is not as advanced as my Latin or Russian, but it was a lot of fun to read the spells :) The humor is constant and clever, and shows the quirky and quick mind of the author.The start of the book was stronger than the finish. The "tribe" thing was interesting at the start, especially the details of their



Humor and Word Play and Fun PlotI'm not sure I have the words in my lexicon that best describe "The Scriptlings," but I sure had a fun time reading it. Just when I thought I had a sense for this author's humor and just when I thought I could anticipate what he'd try to surprise me with next, I turned the page to discover real surprise.Suciu has a flair for words and punny metaphor. Starting with the names of the characters as they were each introduced, I laughed out loud. I loved this story and

For reasons I can't quite put my finger on (it may have something to do with all the Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett references I saw when reading about the book), I came to The Scriptlings with a degree of trepidation. But it didn't take long for the book's charm and wit to get me past that and buy into its premise and style.Scriptlings are apprentice magicians. Magicians are born gifted -- either from a magician parent or two, or the occasional child of muggle parents. Well, until now,

As a Terry Pratchett fan I really enjoyed this book. The writing is funny and witty, I loved the characters, there is a generous amount of amusing foot notes and a lot of geek references. I found myself laughing from the first pages.The beginning is a little slow, however as it is dedicated to introducing the characters and the world that is understandable. There are a lot of references to programming though and if you are not familiar with the basic notions you may not understand them.

Post a Comment

0 Comments