Books Free So Much for That Download Online

Mention Books Concering So Much for That

Original Title: So Much for That
ISBN: 0061458589 (ISBN13: 9780061458583)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Wellcome Book Prize Nominee for Shortlist (2010), National Book Award Finalist for Fiction (2010)
Books Free So Much for That  Download Online
So Much for That Hardcover | Pages: 436 pages
Rating: 3.73 | 7760 Users | 1300 Reviews

Be Specific About Appertaining To Books So Much for That

Title:So Much for That
Author:Lionel Shriver
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 436 pages
Published:March 1st 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2010)
Categories:Fiction. Contemporary

Narrative During Books So Much for That

Shep Knacker has long saved for "the Afterlife," an idyllic retreat in the Third World where his nest egg can last forever. Exasperated that his wife, Glynis, has concocted endless excuses why it's never the right time to go, Shep finally announces he's leaving for a Tanzanian island, with or without her. Yet Glynis has some news of her own: she's deathly ill. Shep numbly puts his dream aside, while his nest egg is steadily devastated by staggering bills that their health insurance only partially covers. Astonishingly, illness not only strains their marriage but saves it.

From acclaimed New York Times bestselling author Lionel Shriver comes a searing, ruthlessly honest novel. Brimming with unexpected tenderness and dry humor, it presses the question: How much is one life worth?

Rating Appertaining To Books So Much for That
Ratings: 3.73 From 7760 Users | 1300 Reviews

Discuss Appertaining To Books So Much for That
Dearest Lionel Shriver: I shall never doubt you again! I took my sweet time getting around to reading this because The Synopsis had me seeing this as some science fiction novel, with catchphrases like "The Afterlife"... & I do not typically like science fiction... But, get around to reading it I did... and i couldn't be more glad. I will admit that the story was a little slow in parts... some chapters seeming to elaborate more than necessary, but I find that most of her books are like this.

If a series of Facebook rants somehow became a novel, it would be this one. At first, all of characters ranting was funny, and even a bit cathartic, but once I realized that thats pretty much all there is here, it grew extremely tiresome and repetitive. It finally reached a point at the end where I was emotionally involved, but its too little too late. If this book had been 250 pages long I might have liked it. 450 pages of it though, no thank you.

gut wrenching, in your face, a serious and occasionally hilarious exploration of intimacy, reality, integrity and death

What a compelling story this is! I picked it up late last night and couldn't put it down till I fell asleep at 3 a.m. Then got up and couldn't do anything till I finished the book. The hero of this book is a hardworking long-suffering everyman whose lifelong dream to get away from it all is about to be realized. After scrimping and saving his whole life he finally has the funds and the guts to leave New York with his wife and son and move to a tropical island where he hopes to live the simple

This book had so many words and descriptions that werent important to this books story. There were many times I skimmed over paragraphs because they were just too tedious. BUT I loved the characters and became very invested in their futures. It is a book about everyday and what people are willing to do to be happy either falsely happy or really happy.

Lionel Shriver has written a very grown-up story that deals with serious subjects in a serious way. Shepherd Knacker has been saving all his life for what he calls the Afterlife, retirement to some sort of desert isle, away from the world in which he must work in order to finance his dream. But his plans hit a snag when his wife, Glynis, is diagnosed with a particularly virulent strain of cancer. His best friend, Jackson, has a teenage child with a rare genetic disease and the clear prospect of

Left it at p. 46 and turned my attention to something else, thinking it was maybe my mood influencing the strong negative reaction I was having. Alas, no. Abandoned at p. 66. Those last twenty pages contained more hyperbole, overblown language, pontificating and exposition than I could stomach. This is the speech Glynis makes to her husband, Shep, after a medical appointment during which she's learned that asbestos is likely the cause of her cancer -- asbestos her husband most likely brought

Post a Comment

0 Comments