Download The Beech Tree  Free Books Full Version
The Beech Tree Paperback | Pages: 332 pages
Rating: 4.11 | 109 Users | 31 Reviews

Present Containing Books The Beech Tree

Title:The Beech Tree
Author:Don Phelan
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 332 pages
Published:May 6th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published November 30th 2011)
Categories:Fiction

Chronicle Conducive To Books The Beech Tree

The Beech Tree introduces you to the lives of those who visited the tree and shared their lives, their loves, their hopes and dreams, beneath the tree’s dark green canopy … and their curious, inexplicable connection to one another.

The readers are introduced to Johnny and Margo, the first characters to visit the tree, just before Johnny ships off to fight in The Great War in 1918. We follow Johnny and Margo, Johnny's lifelong, albeit socially taboo, friendship with his friend, “Bullet Joe” Rogan, a pitcher in the Negro Leagues.

Johnny introduces his granddaughter, Debby, to the tree in 1957, an era of bobby socks, roller-skating carhops and Elvis music, and Debby meets Mason in 1967's Summer of Love, just before Mason is drafted to fight in Vietnam.

For 30 years, Debby wonders whatever became of the boy who changed her life.

Then she finds out.

Particularize Books As The Beech Tree

Original Title: The Beech Tree
ISBN: 1519423888 (ISBN13: 9781519423887)
Edition Language: English

Rating Containing Books The Beech Tree
Ratings: 4.11 From 109 Users | 31 Reviews

Article Containing Books The Beech Tree
I don't do a lot of reading but I happened to see this and it looked interesting. I couldn't put it down.

"You're really not what I expected, Old Man." This is one, small line in The Beech Tree best describes the book itself. Just when you think you're reading a lighthearted summer romance, it suddenly slaps you back into the reality of life. There are no superheroes, no divine intervention. Just real people facing real life with hope, courage and perseverance.

When I saw The Beech Tree sitting on the kitchen counter, I thought it was just another of my wife's chick lit books. Boy, was I wrong. It was too cold and rainy to go out to a book shop so I picked it up. I found myself turning pages, Then Chapter 4 hit me right between the eyes and I found myself choking back tears. I laughed aloud, I cried, I darned near stood up and cheered. If you miss this book, you will miss one of the finest pieces of literature written in the past two decades.

The Beech tree by Don Phelan is well written. The characters and scenes that he writes about are real enough that you think you are an observer near where things are happening. If you are from Lake Michigan region, it will be familiar to you and if not, it will make you research the region. It covers from the early 20th century thru the beginning of the 21st century. All of the characters are real and everyone can relate to. It is a good addition to any reading list.I received a copy of this

Absolutely FantasticDefinitely five stars. I'd give ten if that were an option. The characters were so real, I could see myself in each of them. The trains, the places, the philosophy, and the tree, were so poignant. I cried, laughed, and cried again. A truly excellent book. This is the kind of book that makes you better for having read it.

While I thoroughly enjoyed the references to Grand Haven and surrounding areas I couldn't keep the characters straight. I feel like the author had too many. Each relationship vignette could have stood alone and made a wonderful book.