Point Books In Pursuance Of Riddle-Master (Riddle-Master #1-3)

Original Title: Riddle-Master
ISBN: 0441005969 (ISBN13: 9780441005963)
Edition Language: English
Series: Riddle-Master #1-3
Characters: Morgon, Prince of Hed, Raederle of An, Deth, Eliard of Hed, Tristan of Hed, Mathom of An, Duac of An, Rood of An, Heureu of Ymris, Eriel, Astrin of Ymris, The Morgol, Lyra of Herun, Har the Wolf-King, Danan of Isig, Ghisteslwchlohm, Yrth, Aloil, Nun, Iff of the Unpronounceable Name, Suth, Talies, Ohm, Tel
Download Books For Riddle-Master (Riddle-Master #1-3) Free
Riddle-Master (Riddle-Master #1-3) Paperback | Pages: 578 pages
Rating: 4.22 | 10039 Users | 527 Reviews

Itemize Containing Books Riddle-Master (Riddle-Master #1-3)

Title:Riddle-Master (Riddle-Master #1-3)
Author:Patricia A. McKillip
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 578 pages
Published:March 1999 by Ace (first published 1976)
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. Young Adult. Science Fiction Fantasy. High Fantasy

Relation Toward Books Riddle-Master (Riddle-Master #1-3)

For over twenty years, Patricia A. McKillip has captured the hearts and imaginations of thousands of readers. And although her renowned Riddle-Master trilogy--The Riddle-Master of Hed, Heir of Sea and Fire, and Harpist in the Wind--has been long out of print, it is considered her most enduring and beloved work. Now it is collected in one volume for the first time--the epic journeys of a young prince in a strange land, where wizards have long since vanished...but where magic is waiting to be reborn.

Rating Containing Books Riddle-Master (Riddle-Master #1-3)
Ratings: 4.22 From 10039 Users | 527 Reviews

Weigh Up Containing Books Riddle-Master (Riddle-Master #1-3)
So this is yer basic three-part magical-feudalism farmboy-leaves-home-and-finds-a-sword-and-a-destiny Tolkien-clone kind of a thing, with flat characters in a sometimes incoherent world but also a strong prose style and enough specific interest to earn it a place on the shelf with its samey siblings, and a richness that's hard to identify. It's pretty good.What makes it fascinating is that it was written by a woman in the early-to-mid nineteen seventies. It predates Brooks and (by decades)

I chose this book for one reason ... on the back cover, there was a review which read: "Patricia McKillip has done something extraordinary, to write a trilogy comparable to Tolkien." I was sold. Obviously as a writer myself, who is an heir to that honor-ridden, legacy-laced, return-of-the-king obsessed writing culture, I needed to know what a book looked like that COULD be compared to Tolkien ... if for no other reason. What I found floored me.Patricia McKillip is a masterful writer - not so

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I started reading this book and found myself a little bored or seeing ways I thought it could have written it better. But then suddenly, I found myself swept up by the mastery of the simplicity and I was in love with the world and the characters and the plots. The beauty is in the simplicity. The sparseness that still somehow captivates you. What this book does that so many modern books fail to do is that it gives you almost everything. It gives you enough and

It pains me to give a fantasy book zero-stars, because fantasy is one of my favourite genres and I usually find something to like in a fantasy book even if I didn't think it was that great.But I can't remember liking anything about The Riddle-Master. I found the writing obscure and difficult to get into, none of the characters were especially appealing and it seemed to me the plot just dragged on and on without going anywhere exciting. I'd give more details but I read this awhile ago and my only

Explicitly inspired by but no slavish imitation of  The Lord of the Rings, Patricia McKillips trilogy is an epic fantasy that stands on its own merits rather than in comparison with Tolkiens work. Yes, it starts with a very domestic scene before exploring from one end of a continent to the other, and, indeed, the main protagonist is reluctant to embark on his quest, but in reality the whole feel and mood of McKillips narrative is far removed from Tolkiens, not least because it gives almost

This is my all time favorite series. Even though it is older than most it just brings me to tears every time I read it. The hero is so likable, so everyman, that he is easy to identify with, and Raderle, his love interest is so strong, so independent, the entire second book centers on her! This is over thirty-four years ago! The trilogy makes use of a number of themes from Celtic mythology.The novels take place in a fantasy world divided into a number of countries. Each ruler has a mystical

I bought and read this book on the recommendation of several family members who had read the original books when they were first published (and when they were much younger readers).Compared with the other fantasy novels that I've read, this is among my least favorite for the following reasons: Lack of background on the world Lack of depth to the characters Lack of conflict and plot Poor dialog & formattingThe story was mildly interesting, but has been done several times before and at this