Describe Books In Pursuance Of Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1)

Original Title: The Faded Sun: Kesrith
ISBN: 0879973935 (ISBN13: 9780879973933)
Edition Language: English
Series: The Faded Sun #1, Alliance-Union Universe
Literary Awards: Hugo Award Nominee for Best Novel (1979), Nebula Award Nominee for Best Novel (1978), Locus Award Nominee for Best Novel (1979)
Download Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1) Free Audio Books
Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 256 pages
Rating: 3.99 | 2092 Users | 71 Reviews

Declare Epithetical Books Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1)

Title:Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1)
Author:C.J. Cherryh
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:No. 300 (UJ1393)
Pages:Pages: 256 pages
Published:April 1978 by DAW Books Inc (first published 1978)
Categories:Science Fiction. Fiction. Fantasy. Space. Space Opera

Ilustration Concering Books Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1)

This is the story of three people: Sten Duncan, a soldier of humanity; Niun, last warrior of the mri, humanity's enemies; and Melein, priestess-queen of the final fallen mri stronghold. It is the story of two mighty species fighting for a galaxy, humanity driving out from Earth, and the enigmatic regul struggling to hold their stars with mri mercenaries. It is a story of diplomacy and warfare, of conspiracy and betrayal, and of three flesh-and-blood people who found themselves thrown together in a life-and-death alliance.

This is the 1st DAW paperback printing.
Cover Artist: Gino D'Achille

Rating Epithetical Books Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1)
Ratings: 3.99 From 2092 Users | 71 Reviews

Discuss Epithetical Books Kesrith (The Faded Sun #1)
I found reviewing this book as difficult as I found reading it, and it's why even though I enjoyed goo portions of it, I couldn't give it a really high review.I have read C.J. Cherryh's fiction in other places, most notably in short-fiction anthologies like Sword and Sorceress and Thieves World. It was those works that lead me, quite some time ago, to put this book on my to-be-read shelf. The book itself is set in an interesting world of sorts in which a conflict involving three races has just

This is a re-read, so I'm going to count the pages, but not the book.This is the first installment of my favorite science fiction trilogy. Cherryh's writing is engaging and interesting, and her characters are first-rate. I love the two entirely different cultures (humans make a third) that she introduces to us in these books, and how truly different they are from human society. Niun is just about my favorite literary science-fiction character.

I really wanted to like this--I do love old school sci fi a la Ursula K Leguin, original Star Treks, etc., but I just couldn't do it. I'm all for invented languages and names, but both of those were so frequent in this book that it essentially wasn't written in English. And pains weren't taken to reveal the meanings of these invented linguistics, either. You're just expected to jump right into the world, feet first, instantly fluent in these alien tongues. I suppose it might ultimately be

I like the tight first person, and I'm used to the rhythm C. J. Cherryh uses. I like looking at humans through alien eyes.

Okay, this novel reminded me of Dune. Kesrith, like Arrakis, is a desert planet; the burrowers are reminiscent of the Shai-Hulud (sandworms); the Mri bear more than a passing resemblance to the Fremen, or as far as their lifestyle on Kesrith is concerned. Yet, despite all this, the novel never felt like a knock off. It goes off in a whole different direction, and, being only the first chapter in the Faded Sun trilogy, can not be read as a stand-alone.There is one other Dune comparison I can

This was a little too dry for me though I did end up liking it. C.J. Cherryh writes well and does a really good job in this story creating believable aliens that I came to care about during the story. I guess in the end it was just a bit too slow moving for what I was in the mood for.

EVERYONE knows that SF BUFFanatics are all ARCH HIP, COOLaphonic and loaded with silky, smooth BREEZYness, right? RIGHT? Good...however, despite sharing the above stats, SFantasticos often vary greatly in the kind story they like to fill up on. From funny to campy to light-hearted to hearted to character-driven to world-builders to actiony to mega-actiony to detailed orientated to serious to socially conscious to thought-provoking to operatic to epic to life-changing, and all combos and