List Regarding Books The Puzzle Ring

Title:The Puzzle Ring
Author:Kate Forsyth
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 443 pages
Published:June 1st 2009 by Scholastic
Categories:Fantasy. Science Fiction. Time Travel. Young Adult. Historical. Historical Fiction. Childrens. Middle Grade
Download The Puzzle Ring  Books For Free Online
The Puzzle Ring Paperback | Pages: 443 pages
Rating: 4.08 | 858 Users | 72 Reviews

Description In Favor Of Books The Puzzle Ring

Hannah Rose was not quite 13 years old when she discovered her family was cursed. . . . The arrival of a mysterious letter changes Hannah’s life forever. One day she is an ordinary teenage girl. The next day she discovers she is heir to a castle in the Scottish highlands—a castle that was cursed more than four hundred and forty years ago. The curse has haunted her family for generations, culminating in the disappearance of Hannah’s father the day after she was born. A prophecy tells of a Red Rose who will save a Black Rose, solve the puzzle ring, and break the curse. Red-haired Hannah is determined to be the one. Yet, to break the curse, she must go back in time to the last tumultuous days of Mary, Queen of Scots . . . a time when witches were burnt and queens were betrayed and the dark forces of wild magic still stalked the land. . . .

Details Books During The Puzzle Ring

Original Title: The Puzzle Ring
ISBN: 1407102842 (ISBN13: 9781407102849)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Aurealis Award Nominee for Best Young Adult Novel (2009)


Rating Regarding Books The Puzzle Ring
Ratings: 4.08 From 858 Users | 72 Reviews

Commentary Regarding Books The Puzzle Ring
Originally Published On: Just A Girl High on Books.I stumbled upon Hannah Rose one fine day when she was home early after her meeting with the Principal. Can you imagine my shock when I discovered about that letter from the Scottish hills? Of course, I was excited to go and visit her grandmother, who she had just found out about. Yet, my first day with Hannah at her grandmothers place was quite horrible. Yes, Linnet was friendly, way too friendly I must say, and grandma was extra mysterious

The Puzzle Ring is written in the vein of great traditional fantasies. In the information that came with the book, it was likened to the Chronicles of Narnia and I certainly think it has that daring magical adventure feel to it. Hannah is living in Australia with her mum Roz when a mysterious letter arrives addressed to the Countess of Wintersloe. Roz soon admits that back in Scotland Hannah would in fact have the title of Lady. Her father was a Lord but he disappeared the night after her birth.

I can't believe this book has been out there for so long, and I'd never even heard of it! It's a magical fantasy that travels through time, and is exactly the kind of story I love to lose myself in.I loved all the mythology and history included in Hannah's adventure, especially when it concerned Mary, Queen of Scots. To mix the Queen's life with Scottish faerie lore was just brilliant, and it made for an edge-of-your-seat read. I'm a fan of time travel anyway, though I had no idea it was part of

I'd actually give this one an extra half star if I could. Whether Kate Forsyth is writing for adults or young adults (as with this book) her work is well-researched and her descriptions are wonderfully detailed. The drawing of the characters was a little disappointing at the start of this book, and their dialogue didn't feel natural, but the flow improved as I read further and the storyline had me completely engaged. There's a bibliography at the end for young readers who are curious to know

It's no secret that I love Kate Forsyth's writing. I devour everything of hers, including her books for children. I read all the Chain of Charms books to my daughter when they were published a few years ago, and they remain some of my daughter's favourite stories.The Puzzle Ring (2009, Pan Macmillan) is another offering from Forsyth. And it's as ripping a children's yarn as you can find. My nearly 12 year old daughter and I both wanted to read this, so in the evenings we would snuggle up on the

This book cannot be explained in words to be honest. Facial expressions and hand gestures and body language maybe more so have a greater chance? But I don't think I've ever read a book involving fantasy that held me captivated by EVERY single word. It really doesn't come that often ya know that you find a book that doesn't let you down in the least bit. no no no no. Why is this book so perfect? Kate Forsyth is a magical writer and I have yet to experience the rest of her books which I am looking

This is such a great book if I had read it when I was younger it would have been one of those books I read over and over again. It just has everything great characters and a strong mythology all combined with wonderful writing. What more do you need?I was gripped from the beginning. Hannah is a great character and I loved her attitude from the onset. Yes, I imagine she could be slightly annoying at times but she was plucky enough that I really believed she could break the curse. As soon as we