List Based On Books Aurian (Artefacts of Power #1)

Title:Aurian (Artefacts of Power #1)
Author:Maggie Furey
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Artefacts of Power
Pages:Pages: 608 pages
Published:July 1st 1994 by Spectra (first published 1994)
Categories:Fantasy. High Fantasy. Magic. Dragons
Free Aurian (Artefacts of Power #1) Download Books
Aurian (Artefacts of Power #1) Paperback | Pages: 608 pages
Rating: 3.93 | 3058 Users | 99 Reviews

Explanation Toward Books Aurian (Artefacts of Power #1)

In ages past, there had been four magical weapons, fashioned to be used only by the Magefolk. But their history had been lost, together with the Artefacts themselves, in the Cataclysm which had wrought changes on land and water alike. Lost also had been the history of the Magefolk, and the Winged Ones, the Leviathans and Phaerie. Aurian, the child of renegade Mages, finds herself sent to the city of Nexis to join the Academy and then train as a full Mage. Little does she suspect that she will quickly become entwined with a power struggle between Miathan, the Archmage, and the human inhabitants of Nexis. The only person to whom she can turn in Forral, Commander of the city's military garrison and friend of her dead father. But this friendship infuriates Miathan, and leads to a deadly conflagration, in which the first Artefact is revealed. Aurian's flight, with her servant Anvar, turns into both odyssey and rite-of-passage as she travels to the little-known Southern Kingdoms and begins to rediscover the history of the weapons which are the only hope against Miathan and Armageddon - The Artefacts of Power!

Specify Books In Favor Of Aurian (Artefacts of Power #1)

Original Title: Aurian
ISBN: 0553565257 (ISBN13: 9780553565256)
Edition Language: English
Series: Artefacts of Power #1
Characters: Aurian, Miathan

Rating Based On Books Aurian (Artefacts of Power #1)
Ratings: 3.93 From 3058 Users | 99 Reviews

Discuss Based On Books Aurian (Artefacts of Power #1)
Enjoyed the story overall and it checked all the boxes I was looking for in my next read. Easy to read Fantasy with strong female characters and an interesting magic system. Not to mention the ANGST!!!! and love and heartbreak so well done. My only gripes being that some of the most exciting and interesting plot lines are over too quickly! The end of the book felt a little dragged and the boundaries of magic was a bit confusing at times bc it felt like things fell into the protagonists hand very

I first read this book at fourteen and was convinced then that it was the greatest fantasy book ever written. It hits every tropey fantasy pleasure - talking cats, a magical centre of learning, gladiator arenas, mysterious dragons, winged people, sword training, multiple love stories - and mixes them all into a fantasy cocktail shaker formed of the standard 'quest for artefacts to save/destroy the world'. The main villain is as cacklingly melodramatic as you'd expect; he could work through The

Here's another fantasy I read many moons ago, so I can't speak to quality aside from nostalgic value. But I really liked it at the time -- enough that I tucked it into the keeper box, regardless of not having any other books in the series. I'm not sure why I didn't finish the saga; I distinctly recall researching at the library to jot down titles (because who needs study hall to work on term papers? Bite me, Crime & Punishment), but for some reason they never materialized. Since I was a

Before Harry Potter, there was this series featuring a young wizard who is brought to a magical school to realize her potential. The biggest difference between "Aurian" & "Harry Potter"...in Aurian's case, the greatest evil in her land just happens to be the headmaster of the school! (So basically, this series would be like if Hogwarts was run by Voldemort!)Overall, "Aurian" was a great read. Aurian is a very compelling heroine, and her enemies are deliciously-evil. However, the book does

I'm only 5 or so chapters in, but I'm quitting this one. I was having trouble picking it up, and when I did pick it up it was a struggle to read even 10 pages. After this last book I read by the author I just don't see this as worth continuing. I won't be reading this author again.

Nope .. i disagree with some of the reviews.. strong female lead.. good book... the series itself thou did lose steam toward the end :(

I only finished this book because I wanted to see how bad it could get. I do not understand how this got published. The last 50-100 pages seemed to be an endless loop of the heroine and her lover arguing and then getting depressed. And the singing whale-mages... no. There may be a way to sell those, but this author didn't do so. I kept my copy for years to remind how low the bar can be, should I ever actually write anything.