Point Books To Blackbird: A Childhood Lost and Found

Original Title: Blackbird: A Childhood Lost and Found
ISBN: 0671042564 (ISBN13: 9780671042561)
Edition Language: English
Online Books Free Blackbird: A Childhood Lost and Found  Download
Blackbird: A Childhood Lost and Found Paperback | Pages: 432 pages
Rating: 4.09 | 7557 Users | 615 Reviews

Define Epithetical Books Blackbird: A Childhood Lost and Found

Title:Blackbird: A Childhood Lost and Found
Author:Jennifer Lauck
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 432 pages
Published:September 1st 2001 by Washington Square Press (first published 2000)
Categories:Autobiography. Memoir. Nonfiction. Biography. Biography Memoir

Representaion Supposing Books Blackbird: A Childhood Lost and Found

With the startling emotional immediacy of a fractured family photo album, Jennifer Lauck's incandescent memoir is the story of an ordinary girl growing up at the turn of the 1970s and the truly extraordinary circumstances of a childhood lost. Wrenching and unforgettable, Blackbird will carry your heart away.

To young Jenny, the house on Mary Street was home -- the place where she was loved, a blue-sky world of Barbies, Bewitched, and the Beatles. Even her mother's pain from her mysterious illness could be patted away with powder and a kiss on the cheek. But when everything that Jenny had come to rely on begins to crumble, an odyssey of loss, loneliness, and a child's will to survive takes flight....

Rating Epithetical Books Blackbird: A Childhood Lost and Found
Ratings: 4.09 From 7557 Users | 615 Reviews

Judge Epithetical Books Blackbird: A Childhood Lost and Found
i'm not sure if anyone even reads my reviews so i'm not sure why i write them.i'm on page 222 of this book and it is breaking my heart so much that i'm torn between quitting reading the book or hurrying up to finish it in hopes that it gets better. Knowing that this is the author's memoir and that that these awful things happen to a young child is killing me...even though I went through some of the same things. It's hard to know others have been through your most painful life moments. I've cried

Definitely NOT the kind of book I thought it would be. Very disappointed and did not even try to finish it. Written from a child's perspective and poorly done at that.

Loved this book. Heart wrenching memoir. Amazed at the authors resilience and capacity of capturing the essence of the era.

Loved this book. It was like a huge wallop of a punch to my stomach though. Jennifer Laucks memoir really got to me emotionally; it was a book that I thought about for a long time after I read it. She shows a remarkable resilience for suffering what she did. Contributed to changing my beliefs about ones ability to cope and heal, at least for some people in some circumstances, no matter how horrible the circumstances. Lovely child's voice: she really remembers what it's like to be a child.

I don't know what all of the hype was about and to be completely honest I question the authenticity of this memoir. It came off an overdramatized whine fest and pity party by a bitter middle aged woman unable to come to terms with her childhood seeking attention.1. While she claims her stepmother was evil I failed to see this noticing only that the stepmother belongs to some crazy cult, forces the Lauck children to join this cult, and believes New Age Whackos can cure her gravely ill husband

Unforgettable.

It took me almost 5 years to get around to this book, but I "enjoyed" (not sure that's the right word, given the depressing nature of this book) it. I appreciated that Lauck wrote the book as if she were still a child, and I think that helped her tell the story. For me, however, it made this book much more depressing because she is so totally powerless. One thing which bothered me throughout was her misuse of me/I. I know she's supposed to be a child and it may have been intentionally done, but