The High King's Tomb (Green Rider #3) 
AH! What happened to this series?!? I was heartbroken. The book did nothing to advance the plot of the story, didn't reveal anything new or interesting about the main character or her love interest and was, in my opinion, a flop. I mean, what's up with character the knacker's son? Who cares? I hope she concludes the series in the next one.
In this book Karigan is struggling with the King's wedding to Lady Estora and, when the Captain Mapstone askes her to go on a seemingly boring mission, Karigan is thrilled to leave the castle. The only downer is that she has to bring along a new Green Rider (Fergal) and train him in on the mission. The D'Yer wall continues to crumble and Alton struggles to find a way to repair it. Of course all is not what it seems to be and Karigan's simple mission goes awry.The beginning of this book was slow

I feel like I need to point out up front that this is actually a positive review of this book and series. Its just that there are some relatively minor things that bug me.So, my local public library finally picked up the paperback of this third-of-four volumes and put it on the NEW shelf. Well, at least that means I found it.Ive been patiently following this series since Green Rider was published way back in (checks authors website) 1998. Patience has been required, because the sequel First
Even though some scenes were really great, this book felt too long. I probably won't read the entire series, even though I have enjoyed it so far. Beyond the length, pacing needs work. Characterization and plot development, too. Although not essential to the plot, I personally enjoyed the relaxing scenes at the Frost Farm, with Damian, Lady, Fergal, etc. Interesting stuff. However, the whole system for breeding, selecting, and training messenger horses is much more credible in the medieval
The third installment in Kristen Britain's Green Rider series, left me disappointed. It seemed all the momentum she had coming out of the second book was completely lost here. Instead of jumping from the great climax of the last book into a memorable and fast paced third novel, she slammed on the brakes and brought the entire story to a near halt. This book offered a mopey Protagonist, a mopey King, a mopey queen in waiting, a mopey rider at the wall, a mopey green rider in training...It was
Finally a comprehensive review on this book!Spoiler: I loved this book, the best of the series just yet. And I am afraid and excited to start Blackveil because it has a great book to live up to!First and foremost, the book was set up by book 2. A call to the (new) Green Riders was made right before the end of the book and Kerigan had her heart broken into a million pieces. The series has a strong Tolkien influence but this book in particular reminded me of the Lord of the Ring, a vivid reminder,
Kristen Britain
Hardcover | Pages: 679 pages Rating: 4.23 | 14939 Users | 532 Reviews

Identify Out Of Books The High King's Tomb (Green Rider #3)
| Title | : | The High King's Tomb (Green Rider #3) |
| Author | : | Kristen Britain |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 679 pages |
| Published | : | November 1st 2007 by DAW (first published 2007) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Fiction. Magic. High Fantasy. Adventure. Epic Fantasy. Young Adult |
Rendition As Books The High King's Tomb (Green Rider #3)
For Karigan G'ladheon, the call of magic in her blood is too strong to resist. Karigan returns to the Green Riders, the magical messengers of the king, to find she's badly needed. Rider magic has become unstable, many Riders have been lost, and the Rider corps is seriously threatened. The timing couldn't be worse. An ancient evil, long dormant, has reawakened, and the world is in peril. Karigan must face deadly danger and complex magic to save the kingdom from certain doom.Present Books During The High King's Tomb (Green Rider #3)
| Original Title: | The High King's Tomb (Green Rider, #3) |
| ISBN: | 0756402662 (ISBN13: 9780756402662) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Green Rider #3 |
| Characters: | Karigan G'ladheon, King Zachary, Captain Laren Mapstone |
Rating Out Of Books The High King's Tomb (Green Rider #3)
Ratings: 4.23 From 14939 Users | 532 ReviewsJudgment Out Of Books The High King's Tomb (Green Rider #3)
I have a confession to make - I like big books. Give me a big, thick, door stopper of a mass-market paperback and I'm a happy reader, especially when it comes to fantasy. That brings me to the third - and, so far, longest - book of the Green Rider series, The High King's Tomb. Where I have seen other reviews bemoan the length of this, going so far as to suggest Kristen Britain deliberately padded it, perhaps reluctantly, I enjoyed it immensely.Sure, the pacing is a bit uneven, and there are longAH! What happened to this series?!? I was heartbroken. The book did nothing to advance the plot of the story, didn't reveal anything new or interesting about the main character or her love interest and was, in my opinion, a flop. I mean, what's up with character the knacker's son? Who cares? I hope she concludes the series in the next one.
In this book Karigan is struggling with the King's wedding to Lady Estora and, when the Captain Mapstone askes her to go on a seemingly boring mission, Karigan is thrilled to leave the castle. The only downer is that she has to bring along a new Green Rider (Fergal) and train him in on the mission. The D'Yer wall continues to crumble and Alton struggles to find a way to repair it. Of course all is not what it seems to be and Karigan's simple mission goes awry.The beginning of this book was slow

I feel like I need to point out up front that this is actually a positive review of this book and series. Its just that there are some relatively minor things that bug me.So, my local public library finally picked up the paperback of this third-of-four volumes and put it on the NEW shelf. Well, at least that means I found it.Ive been patiently following this series since Green Rider was published way back in (checks authors website) 1998. Patience has been required, because the sequel First
Even though some scenes were really great, this book felt too long. I probably won't read the entire series, even though I have enjoyed it so far. Beyond the length, pacing needs work. Characterization and plot development, too. Although not essential to the plot, I personally enjoyed the relaxing scenes at the Frost Farm, with Damian, Lady, Fergal, etc. Interesting stuff. However, the whole system for breeding, selecting, and training messenger horses is much more credible in the medieval
The third installment in Kristen Britain's Green Rider series, left me disappointed. It seemed all the momentum she had coming out of the second book was completely lost here. Instead of jumping from the great climax of the last book into a memorable and fast paced third novel, she slammed on the brakes and brought the entire story to a near halt. This book offered a mopey Protagonist, a mopey King, a mopey queen in waiting, a mopey rider at the wall, a mopey green rider in training...It was
Finally a comprehensive review on this book!Spoiler: I loved this book, the best of the series just yet. And I am afraid and excited to start Blackveil because it has a great book to live up to!First and foremost, the book was set up by book 2. A call to the (new) Green Riders was made right before the end of the book and Kerigan had her heart broken into a million pieces. The series has a strong Tolkien influence but this book in particular reminded me of the Lord of the Ring, a vivid reminder,


0 Comments