Download Books The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things (Virginia Shreves #1) For Free Online

Identify Books Concering The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things (Virginia Shreves #1)

Original Title: The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things
ISBN: 0763620912 (ISBN13: 9780763620912)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.candlewick.com/cat.asp?browse=Title&mode=book&isbn=0763620912&pix=n
Series: Virginia Shreves #1
Setting: New York City, New York(United States)
Literary Awards: Michael L. Printz Award Nominee (2004), South Carolina Book Award Nominee for Young Adult Book Award (2006), Rhode Island Teen Book Award Nominee (2005), Michigan Library Association Thumbs Up! Award Nominee (2004), Lincoln Award Nominee (2006) Lauer Lufti (2005)
Download Books The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things (Virginia Shreves #1) For Free Online
The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things (Virginia Shreves #1) Paperback | Pages: 256 pages
Rating: 3.78 | 26462 Users | 1811 Reviews

Present Of Books The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things (Virginia Shreves #1)

Title:The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things (Virginia Shreves #1)
Author:Carolyn Mackler
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 256 pages
Published:June 14th 2005 by Candlewick Press (first published July 14th 2003)
Categories:Young Adult. Fiction. Realistic Fiction. Contemporary. Teen. Womens Fiction. Chick Lit. Humor

Ilustration As Books The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things (Virginia Shreves #1)

Fifteen-year-old Virginia Shreves has a larger-than-average body and a plus-size inferiority complex, especially when she compares herself to her slim, brilliant, picture-perfect family. But that’s before a shocking phone call — and a horrifying allegation — about her rugby-star brother changes everything. With irreverent humor and surprising gravity, Carolyn Mackler creates an endearingly blunt heroine who speaks to every teen who struggles with family expectations, and proves that the most impressive achievement is to be true to yourself.

Rating Of Books The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things (Virginia Shreves #1)
Ratings: 3.78 From 26462 Users | 1811 Reviews

Critique Of Books The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things (Virginia Shreves #1)
I am Virginia Shreves. She's smart, has braces, a secret hook-up buddy, and a body that's considered too large by society standards. The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things is her journey from hiding herself to becoming the young woman she wants to be whether that's fat or thin, as long as she's doing what she loves. Virginia's family is perfect, so she feels like she doesn't fit. It doesn't help that her mother is constantly making snide comments about her body and weight, and her father

Virginia is a big girl, both in size and personality. As the youngest sibling of three in an accomplished, attractive and brunette family, Virginia feels out of place with her blonde hair, voluptuous figure, and unconventional likes. Convinced she must have been switched at birth, Gin has difficulty relating to anyone in her family, though she is fairly close to her older sister and idolizes her older brother, Byron. Nevertheless, Gin feels inferior to her perceived perfect family. Her mothers

First of all, I love the title. It is actually the title of something in the book - you'll have to read it to see. I was excited to read this for two reasons (beyond the title): One is that it has been popular with our high schoolers. Yes, a book that many have actually checked out and read on their own. The only other big one I can think of like that was the Divinci Code a few years ago. Second, I got to meet Carolyn Mackler at the ALA conference in Reno. I didn't know what she looked like,



I am Virginia Shreves. She's smart, has braces, a secret hook-up buddy, and a body that's considered too large by society standards. The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things is her journey from hiding herself to becoming the young woman she wants to be whether that's fat or thin, as long as she's doing what she loves. Virginia's family is perfect, so she feels like she doesn't fit. It doesn't help that her mother is constantly making snide comments about her body and weight, and her father

This book is a TIME CAPSULE.I read this exclusively because I got an ARC of the sequel, which is inexplicably coming out this year. Yes. A sequel. To this 2003 contemporary. Which couldnt do a better job of capturing a bygone, offensive, outdated way of looking at weight if that were its goddamn purpose.For the most part, this is just a strange reading experience. When I was in elementary school, I was obsessed with reading contemporaries well above the age I was supposed to be reading. (Mom,

This book has trigger warnings for depression, rape, self-harm and bulimia! So keep that in mind if you decide to pick up this book.I did enjoy it but there were some things that I did not like. The first thing is that it took to long to get anywhere. The first 100 pages were the same story, and for a book that is 250 pages long, it shouldn't have taken that long to get into it. I felt there wasn't much of a plot.Another thing is that the ending happened quickly. The book rounded itself off too

Post a Comment

0 Comments