Books Download Online Misty of Chincoteague (Misty #1) Free

Mention Books Conducive To Misty of Chincoteague (Misty #1)

Original Title: Misty of Chincoteague
ISBN: 1416927832 (ISBN13: 9781416927839)
Edition Language: English
Series: Misty #1
Setting: Chincoteague, Virginia(United States) Virginia(United States)
Literary Awards: Newbery Medal Nominee (1948)
Books Download Online Misty of Chincoteague (Misty #1) Free
Misty of Chincoteague (Misty #1) Paperback | Pages: 176 pages
Rating: 4.05 | 39990 Users | 1148 Reviews

Description As Books Misty of Chincoteague (Misty #1)

"You'll never catch the Phantom," says Grandpa. "That horse is fast as the wind. She's escaped from every roundup on the island!"
But Paul and Maureen want the beautiful wild mare for their very own.
"I'm going to capture her myself," says Paul.

When Paul finally overtakes the Phantom, he makes a surprising discovery. Running at her side is a brand-new, silvery-gray colt - Misty!

Details Epithetical Books Misty of Chincoteague (Misty #1)

Title:Misty of Chincoteague (Misty #1)
Author:Marguerite Henry
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:60th Anniversary edition
Pages:Pages: 176 pages
Published:December 26th 2006 by Aladdin (first published 1947)
Categories:Childrens. Fiction. Animals. Horses. Classics. Young Adult

Rating Epithetical Books Misty of Chincoteague (Misty #1)
Ratings: 4.05 From 39990 Users | 1148 Reviews

Crit Epithetical Books Misty of Chincoteague (Misty #1)
Extremely dated but charming. Often unintentionally hilarious. Our two favorite lines were:"Grandma's mixed some goose grease with onion syrup fer ye"and"Maureen came running with the razor".And to think we credit advances in antisepsis for the drop in childhood mortality rate!

Paul and Maureen Beebe who live with their grandparents on Chincoteague Island dream of owning the Phantom, a horse no one caught for the past two years in the annual roundup on Assateague Island. They save to purchase the Phantom from the fire chief. Paul catches Phantom and her new foal he calls Misty. When they get to the sale, they find a "sold" sign on Misty, and the fire chief informs them Phantom was also sold. Through a stroke of luck, they are able to purchase them anyway. I'll leave

This was one of the earliest books I read on my own, in part because Mom read it to me until I knew it by heart. She's a horse nut & gave me my first pony when I was 5. We then lived on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, not too far from Chincoteague. We went there for the round up one year & I got to put a real place to the book. The 'Paul' in the book was in his early 30's then, as I recall & I supposedly got to meet him. I was pretty young, about 7 or 8 I guess. I was told he was

This was one of those cases when bedtime arrived, and it was time to start a fresh chapter book, but I hadn't visited the library that day, and so pulled a book from my own collection off the shelves. It wasn't one I'd planned on reading aloud because I thought maybe it was too old-fashioned, and the details of the wild pony round-up tradition on Chincoteague Island might be a little esoteric for present-day youth, but it worked out well; another beloved book from my childhood is now beloved of

Marguerite Henry's Misty of Chincoteague novels present one of my all time favourite horse-based children's literature series (or rather, the first three books rank amongst my personal favourites, as I really do not at all like the fourth instalment). And as such, I have never been able (or even all that willing for that matter) to write an actual review of the first three books of the series. I did recently pen a very critical review of the fourth book, of Misty's Twilight (which was published

Ok so this story is cute but I have some issues with it. First and foremost being WILD ANIMALS SHOULD REMAIN WILD! Nobody should be allowed to buy a wild animal, let alone children. Ok I get the Pony Penning was for population control, but come on now. As innocent as this story was intended to be and as well written as it was, I personally found it to give off the wrong message to younger readers.Maybe I'm being too harsh on this book I don't know, but it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Luke's book review: This is one of the best books I've ever read. I whipped through it in 6 days - it was that good. This is a book about a horse called Phantom and her colt Misty. My favorite part of the story was when the Phantom (Misty's mother) raced against the Black Comet and Firefly and won!

Post a Comment

0 Comments