Online Books Download The Mysterious Stranger Free

Be Specific About Books In Pursuance Of The Mysterious Stranger

Original Title: The Mysterious Stranger
ISBN: 1573920398 (ISBN13: 9781573920391)
Edition Language: English
Online Books Download The Mysterious Stranger  Free
The Mysterious Stranger Paperback | Pages: 121 pages
Rating: 4.12 | 9474 Users | 757 Reviews

Specify About Books The Mysterious Stranger

Title:The Mysterious Stranger
Author:Mark Twain
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 121 pages
Published:September 1st 1995 by Prometheus Books (first published January 1st 1916)
Categories:Fiction. Classics. Short Stories. Literature. Fantasy

Rendition To Books The Mysterious Stranger

In his last years, Mark Twain had become a respected literary figure whose opinions were widely sought by the press. He had also suffered a series of painful physical, economic, and emotional losses. The Mysterious Stranger, published posthumously in 1916 and belonging to Twain's "dark" period, belies the popular image of the affable American humorist. In this anti-religious tale, Twain denies the existence of a benign Providence, a soul, an after-life, and even reality itself. As the Stranger in the story asserts, "nothing exists; all is a dream."

Rating About Books The Mysterious Stranger
Ratings: 4.12 From 9474 Users | 757 Reviews

Column About Books The Mysterious Stranger
I've always heard that Twain became increasingly bitter and misanthropic towards the end of his life, but I didn't understand how true that really was until I read The Mysterious Stranger. In this posthumously published novella, a sleepy Austrian village is visited by Satan, an angel who is the nephew of the more famous, evil Satan. Satan in some ways acts as a mouthpiece for Twain, objectively pointing out how the human race is defined by fear, lies, betrayal, suspicion, and cowardice; perhaps

The Mysterious Stranger is not a success. Twain never published it, and with good reason, for his approach to his title character in particular and the whole project in general is tonally ambivalent, philosophically inconsistent, and thematically scattered. Add to this the fact that the setting of the fifteenth century Austrian village is poorly realized and the ending is at best inconclusive, and you aren't left with much to praise--except for Twain's satiric observations, of course..I believe

Every Christmas, American television shows It's A Wonderful Life at least once. For many people, the movie is the Christmas must watch. (Note, not for me. That's Rudolph or Nestor the Long Eared Donkey or the Muppet Christmas Carol or Sim's Christmas Carol). In some ways, Life is the American Christmas Carol. It heavily colors views about angels too.So, if you like It's A Wonderful Life, you shouldn't read this work.This Kindle edition includes the title short novel as well as three short

This is said to be Mark Twain's least known work - and the last he had ever written. Reading the book, I finally understood why it never became as popular as the stories of Huck Finn and Tom Sawyers. This is a book of a silent yet profound contemplation of humanity. It is a comedy of sorts, and the object of the author's humor is the grotesque bigotry, self-importance, and logic of man. Twain portrays humanity here at its worst. It begins with a boy's encounter with an angel and ends with his

I read this book about 10 years ago and I think I should read it once again! But I can remember the fact that this book contained material against all my beliefs, however, I had enjoyed the view and the kind of fiction the author had used back then!

Twain's last book and his most skeptical and pessimistic. I won't give away the twist at the end but it is speculative and metaphysical and the book of a man who has seen too much.

This is a great little book. I agree with Twain's opinions to a large degree, but I cannot agree completely. I think Twain became an Atheist....I am not. I am not a believer but I still hope for a God that mankind cannot comprehend nor describe.A very important and still timely idea expressed in this book is that humans are a lower order of animal than the wild beast because of his Moral Sense. Twain said that 95% of people are like sheep and cattle that stupidly follow the herd and are led by

Post a Comment

0 Comments